Tuesday 27 May 2014

Back to painting

Rawson was going to charge us $100 per wall to paint them in the feature colour. If I remembered right, it was slightly more to have it done in another colour. So definitely do them after handover. Luckily there was about 3 litres of left over paint for the feature colour, which worked out perfectly for the two walls.

More feature walls

The skirting boards came off easily enough (had them soft tacked) but what was disappointing was the painter's tape ripping off the paint. The cornice paint came off immediately as I attempt to realign the tape. Therefore I gave up on taping that up. Without it means I'll have to touch up the cornices afterwards. What's more frustrating was the walls were also peeling from the painter's tape when I removed it at the end of the day. It didn't when I initially had to realign the tape, and it wasn't even on for more than several hours. I'm suspecting that there was only one coat of paint instead of the three as stated in the contract. No idea how to prove this though. Might just have to stop painting more feature walls, too much effort if the tape does more harm than good (I can't paint the edges without them, tried those sliding applicators but there's always a small gap). Maybe wallpaper instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment