Sunday 25 October 2015

Bamboo panels

Been more than a year and I finally gotten around to covering the ugly colorbond fencing behind the window splashback in the kitchen and around the alfresco area. Here are the 26 panels that were ordered weighing in at 400kg which I had to carry individually from the delivery truck (since they didn't have any forklift/ramp).

Bamboo panels

These panels are 2.4m long and 0.9m wide. A little too tall to have them vertically, but there was a reason I ordered the 2.4m ones instead of the 1.8m or 2.2m versions. 

Vertical layout

The intent was to lay them horizontally. Having the longer panels meant I would cover more with less panels, 4.8m compared to 3.6m.

Horizontal layout

Here's what they will look like through the window splashback. Definitely going with the horizontal layout. 

Kitchen view

Stacking them on top of each other and I get the typical 1.8m height. 

Alfresco side - right

Alfresco side - left

Kitchen side

Now I just need to finish them with Sikkens Cetol Filter 7 Plus. I probably should be re-oiling the decking and wooden feature at the front of the house too.

Edit: Recent had pest control done, and the gaps behind the bamboo became infested with roaches. The pest controller now advise the external gets treatment every 6 months.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I am thinking to use rawson home as well, Are you happy with them ? What do I need to watch out for?

    Thanks.
    Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The build quality will probably be dependent on which tradies end up getting hte contract for your build. The main thing I would recommend is getting all your quotes done up front for variations and upgrades. Then remove what you deemed too expensive. Going back and forth through out the planning phases could delay your build. Especially when you have to wait for the estimating team for quotes

      Delete